MAYOR WALSH ANNOUNCES CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR
THE FAY CHANDLER EMERGING ART EXHIBITION
Mayor Martin J. Walsh today announced a call for submissions for the fourth annual Fay Chandler EMERGING Art Exhibition, a celebration of the Boston visual arts community. Artists that live, work or create in the City of Boston are encouraged to submit their work for consideration.
Hosted by the Mayor's Office of Arts and Culture, the Fay Chandler EMERGING Art Exhibition will feature fresh, original and contemporary works of art created by Boston artists. The art will be displayed at Boston City Hall in the Scollay Square Gallery August 12, 2019 – September 20, 2019.
Fay Chandler was a Boston philanthropist and advocate for the arts. As an artist who started her career later in life, she serves as the inspiration for this exhibition and to artists of all ages.
DEADLINE: July 27, 2019
Christine O'Donnell, Beacon Gallery
Lydia Gordon, Peabody Essex Museum
Best in Show: $2,500.00
Started making art in the last 3 years: $1500.00
Over 50 award: $1000.00
ING * Prize winners from last year's EMERGING art exhibition are ineligible to apply.
Please submit your application to join us for the fourth year of The Fay Chandler EMERGING Art Exhibition. This is a free event that celebrates the Boston visual arts community.
The reception for the Fay Chandler EMERGING Art Exhibition will take place on September 19, 2019 6-8 pm, Scollay Square Gallery, 3rd Floor, Boston City Hall.
1. Artists must live, work, or create in Boston.
2. All work must be made in the last 3 years.
3. Artists with gallery representation are ineligible.
4. Artists must be at least 18 years old.
5. 2D art MUST be wired across the back, ready to hang & no larger than 48” in any dimension.
6. 3D art must be no larger than 20” in any dimension.
EXHIBITION SPACE AND DETAILS
· All work will be displayed in the Scollay Square Gallery at Boston City Hall.
· Artists are responsible for transporting their work.
· All artists exhibit at their own risk. A waiver will be provided.
· Artists selected for the exhibition will be notified by August 2, 2019
· Drop off of work selected will take place August 4 – August 8, 2019