CALLING LOCAL ARTISTS: HELP US DESIGN A TEMPORARY STICKER FOR CITY OF BOSTON ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGERS!
Hey, Boston! It’s time to show off your civic pride through design. The City of Boston Transportation Department is installing electric vehicle chargers throughout Boston's neighborhoods. In partnership with the Mayor's Office of Arts and Culture, we invite artists to design stickers that will add color to the new chargers.
A team of individuals from the City of Boston Transportation Department and the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture will review proposals.
- You must be 18+ years old.
- You must be an artist living or working in the city of Boston.
- You can send as many submissions as you would like.
- Application will open on Thursday April 1 at 9 a.m., 2021.
- Deadline for proposals is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 30, 2020.
- All submissions must be digital and uploaded to Submittable.
- You MUST use the template found here or we cannot review your design. The sticker dimensions are 3 ⅝ x 12 inches. The sticker will be located in the blue highlighted location on the top of the charger, diagrammed here.
- The City will not approve any designs that incorporate text, except for the artist's signature/name and website/Instagram Handle, and these pieces of text must only be in the area specified on the design template.
- The City will not approve any design that includes logos or advertisements of any kind.
- No offensive imagery. Inclusions of these materials will automatically disqualify the work submitted by an individual.
- The City will not approve any imagery that may be confused for directional signage.
- All content must be original.
- Preference will be given to artists who live in the neighborhoods where the chargers will be installed.
- You own all of your work, no matter what happens. By proposing and submitting, you grant the City of Boston the right to display the work on our print and digital channels indefinitely.
- The City will be offering a stipend of $150 in addition to credit to the artists for sticker designs that are chosen.
- Designs must be complete and digital to be considered.
- Stickers are temporary and may be replaced or removed due to wear.
- There is no guarantee that by submitting a proposal, your artwork will be shown by the City. We reserve the right to use chosen artwork across media.
- Applicants must become vendors with the City of Boston and submit a W-9 to submit a complete application.
- Applications must be received from the applicant, not on behalf of an artist.