CALL FOR POETRY
THE MAYOR’S POETRY PROGRAM AT BOSTON CITY HALL
Along with its rich literary history, Boston is also home to many talented contemporary writers. In honor of the diverse and creative village we call Boston, the Mayor’s Office of Arts & Culture will display selected poems on the walls of city hall.
Poets who reside or work in Boston are invited to send in work to help celebrate the city through poetry and to remind people of what a culturally exciting city Boston is to live and work in.
This year’s theme is BOSTON FUTURISM / re-imagine the past, dream the future. The work on the theme is left up to the artist's interpretation.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 20, 2020
- Poet Laureate Porsha Olayiwola will select 19 poems based on strength of content and style.
Please submit the following:
- · 1-3 poems (a maximum of 200 words per poem).
- · A brief bio.
- Deadline - March 20, 2020
- Selected writers notified - April 6, 2020
- Reading -Wed. April 17, 2020 at Boston City Hall
For more information, contact:
John Crowley, Curator/Exhibitions Coordinator
Mayor's Office of Arts & Culture
Boston City Hall, Room 802
Boston, Massachusetts 02201
Phone: 617/635-2368 Fax: 617/635-1850